Gourmet White Truffle Mushroom Risotto
- 3 TBS olive oil, divided
- 1 pound Portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 ½ cups Arborio rice
- 5 cups "chicken" broth (1 tsp Ecoideas Chicken-less Bouillon in 5 cups of water), warmed
- ¼ cup dry white wine or 2 TBS of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 4 TBS vegan butter
- 1 cup of water mixed with 4 TBS of Vélicious White Truffle
- 3 TBS chives chopped
- 2 TBS Vélicious Parmesan cheese
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Add 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large saucepan with mushrooms; cook and stir until soft, about 3 minutes. Remove mushrooms and set aside.
Sauté chopped onion in 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add rice, wine (or ACV) and vegan butter and cook over medium heat for two minutes, stirring continuously.
Add 1 cup of broth at a time, stirring constantly until liquid evaporates and continue doing this until all 5 cups are used. This will take approximately 25 minutes. Add mushrooms and White Truffle Seasoning with the last cup of liquid.
Top with salt, black pepper, and chives.